🔥 This week’s BIGGEST NEWS: Your shoppers can buy directly from your YouTube videos.
Your weekly roundup of only the most important content for advertisers
Estimated read time: 3 min, 55 sec
In this week’s letter 📨:
- 📢 DON’T LOSE OUT: Get Shopify’s YouTube Shopping integration NOW
- 💯 An eCommerce trends report you NEED to read
- 💰There’s money hiding in plain sight in your eCommerce store
- 🥾 #FeaturedAd - Thunder Boots Company
- 🐕 #BrandedCatalog Spotlight - 2 Hounds Design
Make Your YouTube Videos Shoppable with Shopify’s Latest Drop
Yes, that’s right!
Your shoppers can now shop for products in your YouTube videos!
With its just-announced integration with Youtube, Shopify now allows brands and creators to sell products across Youtube. You will also be able to manage all your sales in one place using Shopify's dashboard.
What we love 💝:
- Pin products next to your videos so followers can like, subscribe & shop them.
- Out-of-stock products are automatically removed.
- Picture-in-picture playback continues during checkout.
- Customers in the United States can checkout directly on YouTube with Buy on Google.
P.S. Since Youtube Shopping is part of the Google sales channel, you’ll need to have your Google channel set up.
Learn more about how to get set up here.
2022 eCommerce Trends Report - The Key Takeaways Will Surprise You
Think you know what makes a business successful? You're not going to be expecting this.
HINT: The secret is not a high advertising ROI! 😲
With proprietary data from over 600+ eCommerce stores representing over $4B in revenues, this trends report published by eCommerceFuel is a timely reminder to look at the big picture.
Here are there four biggest takeaways for 2022:
- ROAS is wildly overrated for success
- The most successful DTC brands aren’t selling on Amazon
- You need to raise your prices (yes, again)
- Manufacturing + storytelling crushes all other models
Want to see the bigger picture and look at some super helpful infographics?
Read the full report here.
Increase Your Profits From Your Existing Store! 10 Places To Look For Cash In Your Store
Did you know that there’s money hiding in plain sight in your eCommerce store?
It’s true. ✅
Most store owners forget to optimize these TEN easy wins that can increase profits from 10 to 70%.
Want to know what they are? Here’s a quick and easy cheat sheet by Jason Blackledge:
There’s money hiding in your eComm store.
Once you know where it is, getting it is pretty easy.
I know because I’ve helped 40+ clients do it this year.
And it has increased all of their profits by 10-70%.
Here are 10 places to look:
— Jackson Blackledge | The Google Ads Aussie 🦘 (@blvckledge)
Jul 12, 2022
P.S. Most advertisers miss 5 & 7! Which one is your nemesis?
#FeaturedAd - Thursday Boot Company
Brand: Thursday Boot Company
WHY IT WORKS:
The video makes sense. How? By using plain speak. 🗣️
Thursday Boot Company’s video opens with a great shot that places its products in the outdoors. And within the first 5 seconds, the video does what other ads take longer to do — highlight quality and address concerns about price.
We’ve all been there. When we’re looking for boots for the outdoors, we’re looking for the best quality for the price we pay. By using both voice and text to highlight one primary message, the video leaves no scope for confusion.
It’s like saying what you see is what you get — no frills, no catch. The ad is minimalist, to the point, and functional, with the beautiful lifestyle footage quietly doing the rest of the heavy lifting.
#BrandedCatalog Spotlight - 2 Hounds Design
WHY IT WORKS:
- The multi-image catalog format draws the eye — shoppers want to take a closer look.
- Lifestyle images make it easy for shoppers to visualize their pets wearing the products, while product shots give a better look at the product itself.
- Reviews are pulled in automatically, creating a sense of community (fellow pet-owners) and trust.
Socioh’s Branded Catalogs are proven to improve your CTR by 31%. Learn more here.
Why am I getting this newsletter?
The world of advertising is evolving fast, and keeping up with it all can be exhausting.
This is why we deliver what you need to know — and only what you need to know, once every week. So you can make the wisest decisions about your ads.
This newsletter is curated by Socioh.
Don’t want to receive this email? Just unsubscribe using the link in the footer and you won’t hear from us again.
Join our FB group for pro tips & insights about Facebook advertising.